Fees and Policies
Fees and Policies
Consider the time, effort and money put into counselling at Jeff Packer MSW & Associates Inc. an investment into your personal growth and development and toward improving valued relationships in your life.
After the initial meeting, one hour length session fees are $150 (60 minutes).
Many people do choose to schedule longer sessions depending upon the issues and the number of people attending. Most commonly, 90 to 120 minutes is booked for initial assessments, intake and family meetings. This allows time to explore your concerns, goals, strengths as well as provide solutions and information about approaches that can help.
The initial consultation/assessment session fee is $250 – this is a longer session (90 minutes) and includes our administration set up fee of $25 .
Our fees are payable at the time of your appointment or before to reserve premium* appointment times. You may also want to schedule longer meetings at times, to both discuss more about your concerns and goals and to more quickly develop your specific change strategy and solutions solutions. Please request this prior to your session.
* to reserve evening and weekend times, we suggest you reserve these premium appointment times with payments made prior (minimum 48 hours before) to your scheduled meeting time.
Note: you may have some coverage with your insurance provider – e.g. Great West Life, Sun Life, Green Shield and others. Please consult your human resource manager at your place of employment or check with your insurer, prior to booking your initial appointment, to confirm your insurance carrier covers masters degree level counsellors.
Payment can be made by cash, personal cheque and now also through your mobile banking via Interac Transfer* (*through your online banking on your personal computer or mobile device). Reading of materials for assessment purposes, letters, extensive emails, release of notes* and report writing will be billable at rates quoted. Receipts are provided.
Services to assist those with difficulty or inability to pay can be discussed on a case by case basis. Please let your counsellor know if you have financial limitations that may prevent your ability to participate in counselling. We may be able to offer a sliding scale fee arrangement or recommend you participate in our Food 4 Thought Thursdays program .
Please provide at least 24 hours notice to cancel or reschedule your appointment. If you need to cancel or reschedule with shorter notice than 24 hours, you hereby agree to pay for the missed appointment (unless your insurance or employee assistance provider pays for no shows and/or late cancellations). In the event we are able to fill your late cancellation time you will not be expected to pay.
We take confidentiality very seriously and follow the professional standards of the governing and licensing bodies of our profession. No information about you is given to anyone outside of this agency, including parents, partners, friends, employers, teachers/faculty, or other persons, unless:
(1) We have your written permission or a signed release of information form.
(2) We believe it is necessary to prevent clear and imminent danger to you or others.
(3) You indicate there is reasonable cause to believe that a child, dependent adult, or a vulnerable elderly person has been abused or a crime may be or has been committed.
(4) A court orders us to disclose confidential information about you.
Client Rights Policy
Your involvement with Jeff Packer MSW and Associates Inc. is a voluntary act. We will do our best to either accommodate your needs or give you an appropriate referral to other services in the community. You have the right to be treated respectfully and ethically by highly trained, professional staff who follow evidence-based best practices to assist you with healing, recovery and healthy growth and development.
* The release of session notes:
Session notes represent session recordings and summary notes only and are not intended to represent all exchanged information from counselling sessions. Given this reality, the policy for releasing session notes is as follows:
- that clinical records released must not include any identifying information related to other parties so, of course, these sections would be sanitized or redacted.
- it is advisable that the release of session notes from our office be accompanied by a summary report (that further clarifies agreed upon therapeutic goals, background context, interventions and approaches along with clinical impressions). This report can more accurately reflect the clinical assessment, therapeutic process, interventions and recommendations for your ongoing mental health efforts.
- it is recommended that the release of records involves a debriefing session to review the notes and to clarify any questions or concerns you may have regarding the effective use of these documents.